Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DeArmond Starfire players?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mikkejohansson, May 8, 2004.

1. ...what kind of gigbags/cases are you using? I can't seem to find anything that's a good fit. Have al real crappy keyboard gigbag now, but it doesn't offer much "protection" more a means of carrying the bass around. Might as well carry it in its strap...

Any suggestions?

2. slam

slam Guest

Mar 22, 2000
    Virginia
    My Starfire came with a gig bag and I have seen the cases on ebay.

3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Mine came with a Guild gigbag, which always made me nervous. I finally found an original DeArmond hard case at the Bass Place in AZ - they bought the old stock from Fender. Give them a try, although shipping to Sweden would probably cost more than the case.

An alternative would be to find a Guild Starfire case...

4. Yes, the Guild Starfire cases are available here as well - but the price!!! Last time I asked the price was about 350$, almost as much as I paid for the bass!!!! Ludicrous!

You wouldn't like to sell me your gigbag now that you have a case for your bass :) ?

5. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I wish I could, but I sold the gigbag a year or so back... sorry!

What about a road case with a custom foam insert?

6. I could rather easily get a roadcase/flightcase/hardcase for it ciustom-built by a local guy here, but the problem is I need a gigbag for it! To take it to rehearsals, smaller gigs were I drive myself and such. I'll have to keep looking, maybe something will pop up on e-bay.

7. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    All things will come to eBay... eventually.

As a matter of fact, there's a TKL for guitars of that size out there now:

Linky

He's selling USA only, but I or another TB'er would be willing to buy it for you and ship it to the land of erotica. Why not ask him the overall length of the bag and see if the Starfire would fit?

Another place to look would be The Dudepit - a Wanted ad may turn one up. There's several Guild fans that hang out there.

8. Hey all!

I'll let you in on a little secret, I thnik I've found a Warwick/Rockbag size bag that fits Starfires exactly!

I don't have it in hand yet so I cant't be sure, but all the measurements seem to fit exactly - almost a bit spooky!

It's actuall a bag for BC Rich/FlyingV-guitars but as said, all the measurements seem to be right!

Keep you posted!

9. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL