Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DeArmonds going so cheap I couldn't help myself!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MJB, Jun 24, 2001.

1. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    Just ordered a 5 string for $159.99 with free shipping. Some really killer prices here gang! If you want to try a 5, looking for a first bass, or just want an inexpensive backup instrument, you can't beat these with a stick.

http://www.samash.com/frameset.asp

2. WOW! I wish I had waited I spent $299 and then plus shipping equaled up to somewhere around $325 on my De Armond 5-String. What's the type. Mine was the Pilot Plus. It's a good guitar company congrats on the good shopping. :)

3. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    Thanks Kitty, its the pilot plus, ordered it in blue. :D

4. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    MJB-ordered a plus 5 in crimson/wine red last night. :D Should be here around July 14-they get them around July 7th so i guessed about a week in shipping. $300-360 in MF, $400 local, $160 Samash-best deal i've gotten in a long time. thats all

5. Be careful, I have seen horror stories with clearence sales. Anyone remember the Danelctro guitar fiasco a few years ago, there was a hugh thread about it on the FDP, I think it all worked out though in the end.

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    True, but for this price, even if it sucks, you can always sell it for at least $150 to some kid or donate it to your church or community college and be none the worse... Thanks for the heads up.

Hmm, I'll get a black one. It'll be the Henderson's backup and loaner for my roommate.:D

7. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    45 day return policy, so the most risk is one way ship costs. I bought a $300 Starfire when MF was closing them out, no regrets.

8. sailor

sailor

Jun 10, 2001
    I ordered my first five string a week or so ago. Pilot Plus, wine red. This seems like a great deal. We will wait and see.

9. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    The ones that i played @ a local shop felt great. Nice neck, pickups sounded good, was fairly light {compared to jazz}. i hope these turn out as good.

10. Jazzbassman23

Jazzbassman23

Apr 20, 2000
    Maryland
    I'm not sure, but Tallguy may be referring, not to any quality issues concerning blowout basses, but to the fact that a lot of buyers either never received their order or received it considerably later than promised. This happened to me with the Hodad bass blowout. I never got one. Still, what the hell. Even if you never get one, you're no worse off than when you started.

11. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    holy crap! this is perfect!

i'm buying a blue one right now!

yay for having a backup bass again!

jason

12. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Thanks for the heads up MJB. Just ordered one in cobalt blue. I guess I can find room for one more.