Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Death From Above 1979!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Lecollectif, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Lecollectif

Lecollectif

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    I know people usually talk about basses here, but I felt it was appropriate to mention them as this band consists of two people. A bass player and a drummer.

My band played with them last night and I have to say that they are one of the best live acts I've ever seen. Probably the loudest, too. Their bass player was playing this lovely old Rick and running about 1300watts of tube power.

Anyway, if you haven't heard them, I strongly suggest you check it out. They're doing something completely unique, raunchy, fast, yet completely fun. It's amazing what you can do with a bass.

2. Yeah, we were chatting them up on the bassists forum. They're great. Love the fuzzbass.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I'll have a seat here in the front row for the big move. :)

So, what kind of music do these guys play?

-Mike

4. give them a listen..they have streaming on their site, and a new freebie video

www.deathfromabove1979.com

to answer tho: riffy, punky aggro pop with fuzzbass and drums.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    alright....I will. I'm always down for something new.

-Mike

6. Yup. Free is good. the site is sparse, but the music be flowin!

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Off to Miscellaneous.

8. Lecollectif

Lecollectif

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    Sorry about putting it in the wrong place. But really, who cares?

9. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    I dig them. Yet another really cool Canadian 2 piece band featuring bass and drums only. I can think of 2 others right off the top of my head that did cool stuff.... Duotang and The Inbreds.