Death/Goth Amp? Thx

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by I am legend, Jul 31, 2001.

1. Thanks everyone for helping me with that Death Goth Bass question i greatly appricate it. What would you say about an amp? In a limited price range. I know Alex webster from Cannibal Corpse uses Crate Amps. Oh yeah be sure to check out my La Bassrasisto thread please. Update: I have finished Cosmic Monsters Inc. tabbing anyone interested in having a look at it? Or does any one know Her Ghost in the Fog or Creulty brought Thee Orchards by Cradle Of Filth??
  2. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    I would say that theres not really any such thing as a "metal amp" per se, but I HIGHLY recommend that you check out Ampeg. Heres what I have:

-Ampeg SVT3 Pro head. 450 watts @4 ohms. Tube amp. 9 band EQ . Has speakon output. 5 position mid selector switch. and much much more...

-Ampeg SVT 810E speaker cabinet. 8 10" speakers in a 4 foot tall cabinet. Handles 800 watts, Impedance is 4 ohms. Has speakon input.

3. melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    I dont know about the amps, but you mentioned the COF songs. I used to know Her Ghost in the Fog but I havent played it in so long. Good song.
  4. mr. AllodoX, loyal Cradle of Filth fan for over 10 years now, at your service :)
  5. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i recommend an aguilar DB 680 preamp with the DB 728 power amp, run into a bag end 4x10 and 15.

6. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    bag end makes a 410? news to me.
  7. Cool name "I Am Legend" one of my favorite Richard Matheson stories.
    Ampeg SVT line with an 8X10 cab, you can't go wrong. Psst...wanna buy an SVT 350H head? Mine's up on Ebay right band flaked out on me.
  8. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA

maybe...a guy i know had one, but it may have been homebuilt w/ bag end speakers or looked "well loved" to say the least.

9. Did u read my response to your other thread on gothic basses? I put some stuff about amps.

Look you could pretty much buy what u feel give you the sound u want. Hell it could be a Trace Elliot (i know a few metal bands with them) or the Ampegs, or SWR, or whatever.

Just try as many as u can find, just don't get combo amps! hehee

10. Bag End makes what may be the best 4x10 cabinet you can buy. In any event, it's good enough for John Patitucci to endorse it and use it exclusively. They also make a 2x10, 2x12, 1x15, 1x18. No 2x15 though :(
  11. Hey Allodox please send me The tabs you got, If you want i'll swap ypu some freshly tabbed White Zombie.......... Thanks
    p.s. what do you think of Bitter Suites? It's all right but not as good as something like Dusk...
  12. Alex Webster plays an Ampeg SVT400T through a Tech21 SansAmp into an Ampeg 6 x 10" (or a 8 x 10".. not sure)
  13. MypartnerStinks

Jun 19, 2001
    An 8x10 may have every thing you need, the question is do you have everything you need to have an 8x10. Like a Truck.
  14. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    ade, from my dying bride uses trace elliot amp, so trace is my vote.
  15. captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001
    schecter scorpion bass (4 string - B/E/A/D)

ampeg svt4 pro

ampeg svt 810