1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Death Magnetic

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by guitarrock24, Sep 17, 2008.

1. guitarrock24

guitarrock24

Oct 18, 2007
    There's probably 100's of these threads, but I was wondering what you guys thought of Meallica's new album. Personally, I think it's a kick a** album. Certainly not their best, but still ridiculus. I think it resembles ...AJFA out of all their albums the most.

2. Never been an over the top Metallica fan. Always liked their first 3 albums the best but I bought this yesterday and it is their strongest, most consistent album since the 80s. It does kick a lot of a$$. Very strong.

3. Ripper

Ripper

Aug 16, 2005
    NY/NC
    I think its an amazing album... i think they took the best of all they have done over the years and compiled it together... really good.

all nightmare long is my current favorite song

4. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    I seem to like it a little more each time I listen to it. Some classic Metallica feel to the riffs and solos. Even if its not their best it still makes for a cool listen.

5. MMcC

MMcC

Sep 10, 2005
    Dallas
    I logged on this afternoon for the sole purpose of reading and responding to a Death Magnetic thread. There may be 100 threads, but I'm glad I found this one.

OK. It bored me. The first song certainly rocked, can't argue that. But the first listen through I had to cut it off at song 8. I said to myself, "No thanks, Metallica. It's been a long week and I can't finish this CD." That's a bad sign in my book. I know Metallica always pushes 7 minutes a song, so that wasn't the main problem. I'll keep giving it a try and gradually digest it, but as of now it's not getting much play.

So, just some guy's review. Take it for just that.

Peace

6. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    Well, the new Metallica is a touchy subject.
    There seem to be as much people that like Metallica's new stuff as there are people that loath Metallica's new stuff.

I suggest we put up two official clubs: the "I hate new Metallica club" and the "I like new Metallica club". :)
    And each thread must be labelled in some way to indicate if it is to hate Metallica or to praise Metallica.

And if a member from a different club posts in the wrong kind of thread, he should get a sanction.

This way there will be no flame wars, and we keep our freedom of speech. :D

I'm thinking out loud. :smug:

Although it would be dangerous to have "I hate new Metallica clubmember" in your sig... with Major Metal around. :meh:
    :D

7. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    LOL I think the thread for the club would get locked so fast the internet would spin :D

8. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    I like it the more I listen to it. Beats the shat out of anything else they've released in the last 10 yrs.

Love Trujillo's "influence". He's the best muso in that band hands down.

9. I disagree, I think he's on par with Kirk.

10. baalroo

baalroo

Mar 24, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    [​IMG]

boy band much?

11. I like it. Way better than their previous efforts. I'm glad to see them go back to their "old" formula for writting songs.

12. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    Is that photoshopped?
    That Lars and Kirk were pasted in between James and Rob to cover up indecent behavior.

Btw; why would Lars pose like that? It's a giveway to put slogans on it in the trend like: "Napster Napster, what you gonna do? What you gonna do when we come for you?".

13. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    That photo = lol :D

14. AlphaMale

AlphaMale

Oct 30, 2006
    Ventura County
    They should change their name to Hard Rock-ica

15. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    No, that's what they should've done in the 90s.

In this century it should be "Crap Rock-icka".

:ninja:

(this post might be edited be a certain moderator :meh:)

16. baalroo

baalroo

Mar 24, 2008
    Wichita, KS

lol

all of their new promo pics make them look like The Backstreet Boys for the 40+ crowd... which really isn't too far from the truth.

17. Metal in the 80's and Metal now :meh: The documentary of them has left a really bad taste in my mouth that should have been what happened to Rap...

18. biohazed

biohazed

Aug 31, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    i vote for Selloutica ...

Honestly I used you like Metallica but even the newest album does nothing for me ... I don't know why everyone says they are the greatest band in the world.. i say they are mediocre at best.. but thats my opinion and I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything

19. mutedeity

mutedeity

Aug 27, 2007
    Sydney
    I think the new Metallica record is great...for a band of 17 year olds who just heard Metallica recently, bought all of their back catalogue, tried to copy some of their riffs and made a crappy demo of it.

20. Kristopher

Kristopher

Mar 13, 2005
    Tempe, AZ
    My two cents... I think it's because any band that comes close to them musically has unlistenable vocals. I've been looking for a Metallica substitute for awhile now and I just can't find one. Trivium, Mastodon, no thanks, I can't get into the singer.

Like I said, just my two cents. :D