1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Death Metal guitarist playin the acoustic blues.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Yngwie 4String, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Yngwie 4String

Yngwie 4String Banned

May 3, 2007
    Auburn Nebraska

2. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Wow, you mean, people who play Death Metal listen to music besides Death Metal???

Wow.

3. Yngwie 4String

Yngwie 4String Banned

May 3, 2007
    Auburn Nebraska
    Yeah man. We listen to all kinds of stuff, but mostly so we can get better at playing death metal.

4. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Hey, nothing wrong with Death Metal.

Except live, when you happen to see Morbid Angel and you're standing next to the P.A. Stack and a combination of Trey Azagoth and a stupid soundman who doesn't understand levels leaves you deaf in the right ear for three miserable days. They put on a great show, though. David Vincent is like a Death Metal Superman.

5. Yngwie 4String

Yngwie 4String Banned

May 3, 2007
    Auburn Nebraska
    Im a big fan of Alex webster and I love Chris Barnes too.

6. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    I play a lot of death/melodeath metal. I also play some funk and bluesy stuff.
    Mainly because sometimes I get sick of extreme-picking and super fast stuff.

7. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Best song ever:

8. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    I counter with this:

9. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Holy Moly, does anyone know what tuning Electric Wizard use?

10. b or smts

11. and alot of gain, Sludge > death metal

12. If you read the comments under that clip, seems like a lot of metal fans don't like what he's doing.

13. Check out Morbid Angel's "Desolate Ways"...they've been doing it for ages :) :)

14. mjolnir

mjolnir Thor's Hammer 2.1.3beta

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX

15. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    On that record, I think it's B flat.

I would agree with that, but it's a taste thing, and a drug of choice thing :D

A lot of metal fans are stupid morons. This goes for any genre, obviously, but most black/death fans have no idea what heaviness really is :bassist:

You got me, that was pretty Brutal. Plus, it's authentically lo-fi, so the purists will call it "true" and "kvlt".

16. Yngwie 4String

Yngwie 4String Banned

May 3, 2007
    Auburn Nebraska
    O I duno bout that man, I play Blackened Death Metal. I like to think I know a lot of heavy stuff.

17. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Oh, I'm sure you do. If you think clicky bass drums and razor-thin guitar tone constitutes "heavy." :p

I'm just ribbing you, because, as a Doom/Stoner/Sludge guy, that's what we do. We hate on the Black/Death metallers, who hate on the thrash metallers, who hate on the Power Metallers, etc, etc. It's the metal way.

18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Isn't anyone else concerned about Jack losing his weed?!

It is interesting to see the other side of metal guys.

19. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    I kinda meant best MA song ever. :)

If I could choose a favourite song (too many!!!) it would be by either Sonata Arctica, Pantera or Black Label Society. My three all time favourite bands.

Thanks for that Wizard clip though! Never really got into them before, but that song is great.

20. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia