death metal

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by cronus, Feb 2, 2002.

1. cronus

cronus Guest

Jan 17, 2002
    Romulus, Michigan
    does anyone else listen to it? i like it alot :cool:
  2. Sometimes..

best deathmetal song ever is, and will always be : Cannibal corpse - Hammer smashed face !!
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I like to listen to the more technical stuff:

Death, Cynic, Aghora, Atheist, etc. but I don't follow that genre too closely.
  4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Some of the stuff JMX mentioned, plus Vader, Cryptopsy, Nile, some of those type bands, if that's what you mean.
  5. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Amen to that AllodoX!!!

I may not like metal too much anymore, but that is a good song.

IMO, all death metal sounds the same to me...
  6. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    'Bout the only death metal band I listen to is Six Feet Under, but I can ony listen for a half-an-hour or so, then it gets old.
  7. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    True.On guitar,and bass,all they do is de-tune and play the first 3 frets,then for the solos the last 3 frets:D

Although metal drummers are always really good such as the dude from Slayer,that guy can play so fast.
  8. I like death metal a lot...mostly the industrial, technical stuff, though, a la Mudvayne, Fear Factory, Living Sacrifice (who are sometimes refered to as "white" metal), etc.
    Industrial and progressive metal are my main interests musically right now. :)
  9. That's not death metal! I think slayer is more thrash than death metal. Death metal is about pushing the limits of heavy and technicallities... slayer just kick butt! :D

As for the greatest death metal song, i'd agree with the others and say,

Oh, and about death metal all sounding the same, it does until you are exposed to it for a while, then you really notice the differences. Anyways, I used to listen to a lot of metal, including death metal, but now I'm really turned onto funk, ska and classic rock.
  10. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    I use to be heavily into death metal, even then I didn't notice much difference, if any between most bands.
  11. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I used to be into black, death, thrash, you-name-it metal...but then all the griping and bitching a moaning from the more useless of fans got to me. Go to and go the metal board. That's pretty much why I don't bother anymore. Sold my metal CDs that I didn't listen to, and moved on.

That, and the vocals were kinda grating. I liked the more fluid, normal voices, like James Hetfeild on MOP and RTL. Not the stuff that is growled like you have a mouthfull of razors.

To me, those metal years weren't wasted...just misspent.
  12. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Yeah Slayer is a thrash band,but they do talk about death,doesnt that count a little?:(
  13. I don't know if it is "death metal" per se, but Slayer, Fear Factory, Crowbar, Biohazard, and Mudvayne are some of the harder metal stuff I listen to these days.
  14. ColdYinTiger

Jul 15, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    I like some that doesnt have the drum beat I lothe. I call it the "Play fast without careing what I hit!" beat. Its basically a punk beat sped up really fast. I hear that to often in death/black metal. But I do like other death metal and such it mainly depends if they sound unique or not...Why is it in metal of allmost any form, you are more respected if you do the same thing the last four bands did before you?
  15. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    Blink 182 are pretty hardcore their new stuff makes Cannibal Corpse look like Ricky Martin.;)
  16. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, They really aren't that hard or fast (save Slayer). Mudvayne, while they have some nice chops, are mostly considered hard rock, while FF is more on the industrial side of things, not really Death metal. Crowbar...I've heard it called Sludge Metal, and while metal, they are more doom/heavy metal than the death contingent we're working under here. Biohazard is...well, thrash, sorta, with a little more Urban in them.

Biohazard were the original rap/rockers. Screw Rage, or Limp, or Korn, or even Stuck Mojo. It was Biohazard, and they did it the way it SHOULD have been done.
  17. I listen to a variety of metal, some of my fav metal bands are: Messhuggah, Death (RIP CHuck), IN FLAMES!!.........these are too many to name but, those were my top three.

I also listen to alot of old school black sabbath and the older Dio....(holy diver)

It's cool to see some ppl rock alittle metal in talkbass........hehe

\m/ rock on my brothers in metal \m/
  18. tdogg

Jan 17, 2001
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    im goin to see cryptopsy and demu borger in minneapolis next month....cant wait
  19. ConTraBajisTa

ConTraBajisTa Guest

Oct 5, 2000
    auburn, ny
    dio! haha... sorry. my grandparents know ronny dio. he was their best man at their wedding.... how weird. my grandfather used to jam with him a while back (my grandpa's only like... 50 somethin). can you imagine that though?

anyways, metal. yup. i like it. death metal... eh, yeah cool.