death punk

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by retitled, Sep 14, 2005.

1. retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    does anybody listen to death punk?

dont even ask me how to describe it lol

iv been listening to this band "turbonegro" lately.. its some crazy stuff.. its a band classified as death punk and i need to start a death punk band..

anybody ever hear of death punk or listen to turbo negro before?
  2. The Locust. Look em up. I don't listen to them, but they are indeed crazy!
  3. retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills

will do :)

errrr lol

this sure is odd...needs better vocals but oddly enough i can see myself getting down to this :bag: :bassist:
  4. Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    That's the thing, there's really nothing to 'get down' to!
  5. I vaguely recall a Viva La Bam episode involving Turbonegro. I wonder how they came up with their band name...
  6. Happy-Tom is a really cool bassist

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Check out Mondo Generator.

Its Nick Oliveri's (ex-Queens of the Stone Age) band and are similar to Turbonegro is many ways.
  8. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Minus the whole faux-gay thing.

Well, I guess Nick has had some weird stage costumes.
  9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    or a lack of clothing altogether...

I meant musically. I figure thats what matters when we're suggesting bands to each other.
  10. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I've only heard one Turbonegro song, I guess I need to delve into them a little.
  11. As soon as I read the title of this thread I thought "Turbonegro!!" They're a great band.
  12. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    It's like "Uber-Black"; they're Norweigian, so I don't know if 'negro' has the same connotations in Scandinavia as it does here.

Fleshies is similar, equally dirty but in a garage punk style. Still very good.
  13. It is not as bad a word here as in the New world. Turbonegro want to shock, though, but they do it tongue-in-cheek. Which reminds me I have to buy a ticket to go and see them in a week and a half
  14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I love how bands invent genres... Turbonegro is just hard rockin' punk... but if they want to call it Death Punk... good for them.

Mondo Generator is probably the closest thing to Turbonegro. I think the pseudo gay metal vibe they put off is great.