Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Death to a cush gig

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by silvermaneZ, Jul 31, 2001.

1. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Alternate Title: When it rains, it pours....

Well, tonight was fun. Normal Tuesday night band practice and soundcheck for this weekend. The lead singer in the band announces that he is leaving the band to join another regional country act that is cutting their first CD for MCA records. Since the singer was also the manager of the club that was our home base, the club owner got pissed and fired him as the manager today. Also, he would not entertain the idea of us staying on as the house band as a four piece band, so we got fired also, and another local act has already been offered and accepted the house band gig. So, at the end of August this band will no longer have a job, and may not exist the way some of the other guys were talking this evening.

Somehow I don't think there are too many bands looking for bass players out here in the middle of nowhere.

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Man, sorry to hear that.:(

I would go ahead and start looking now if I were you.

I wish you look in the future of the band or in the search for a new gig.

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    oh, man, that really sucks. good luck to you in the next few weeks. hope things work out a bit better for you. :(

4. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Now that's a kick in the teeth. Good luck man, alot of us know your pain.

Mike

5. Oh Man. That had to hurt. :( well i'm sure there will be a lot of bands out there who need a bassist

6. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
  7. purple_haze

purple_haze

Jun 29, 2001
    London Town
    I'm sorry, that blows.

8. I too have been kicked out of a band, left alone with my four-string. I sympathize with you buddy, and wish you the best of luck....So good luck!!

9. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Thats gotta hurt. Best wishes, you should be able to find something if you look hard enough. thats all