Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Death to my trachea!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ifrit84, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Ifrit84

Ifrit84 Banned

Aug 27, 2004
    London, England
    Well, it's 3AM, and I've spent the last two hours trying to hock up the un mentionibles that gathered down there last bad cold I had. I've always had a problem with sinuses, but this is insane! I can't cough or my trachea feels like it's going to pop out of my neck! I've been "hocking" up flem for hours, but when I get something from my trachea, or , lower, neck, area (sorry, not a doctor) it's dark green/black and tastes like rotton poop.

Sorry, but I need help, anyone else have this? Now I'm up for the day at 3AM which sucks.

Also, I tried the stink my finger down my throat, but all that made me do was vomit. Great.

2. Green/black? I'm not a doctor either (and I don't play one on TV), but that "black" makes me think of blood that's been down in there for a bit. I've always thought "if it hurts and I don't know what it is, I should be in a doctor's office" is a good way to go. Even if it's nothing serious, the doctor can reassure you, and give you something to help break it all up. Plus, you'll get to read crappy outdated magazines.

Seriously, if you haven't been checked out, please get it done.

Hope it isn't serious, and you feel better soon.

-Dave

3. Ifrit84

Ifrit84 Banned

Aug 27, 2004
    London, England
    Thanks for the advice, but i'm broke, theres no way I can go to a doctor at the moment, maybe next paycheck, in all honesty, I don't know what the going rate is for a doctors vist.

4. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Check and see if there's a free clinic; you need to get that checked out.

5. Ifrit84

Ifrit84 Banned

Aug 27, 2004
    London, England
    Ah! Of course! I forgot, it's the biggest in the state!

But the waiting line....

My dad waited from 8AM till 12PM....

Oh well, it's freaking free.

6. When you need care, you need care. Do what you have to to get it. The sooner you get in that line, the sooner you'll get a professional to poke around in there. No sense letting things get worse if you can avoid it.

Great call on the Free clinic, Ibanks.

-Dave

7. Last time i had anything remotely like that come out of my head, it was from an ear infection. infections are very, very bad. But I think we at TB knew that already. In any case, you need medical care now!!

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Go to the doctor. The wait might be worth it.

brad cook

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

Wait a minute...do you mean to say that you have panties in your throat and lungs?! That's just weird!

brad cook

10. Ifrit84

Ifrit84 Banned

Aug 27, 2004
    London, England
    Well, if you think THATS weird, you should hear how they got there!

11. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Mmmm... rotten poop...

12. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    No worries, you are fine. Its the last bits of a cold the lining of your airways are getting rid of. The black stuff is old blood(unless you are a coal miner), its not uncommon to rupture some small blood vessels when you have a bad cough. If you must do something, drink plenty of fluids and get in a steamed up shower for a few minutes. That will ease the inflammation and help mobilize that lung butter.

Mike

13. Ifrit84

Ifrit84 Banned

Aug 27, 2004
    London, England
    You speak truth! Hot shower, lots of water, and the pain is almost gone (after some more hocking).

Whew, glad is not serious.

14. Everyone's beating me to the smartazz replies this morning... Drat.

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    As usual. :smug:

You have the monopoly on the Mr. T story frames though.

brad cook

16. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    *cough* *cough*

"I think I've got the black lung, pop."

brad cook

17. Blood in the throat mucus is always a bad sign, which usually points to pneumonia; get to the doctor bucko.

18. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss

That is absolutely incorrect. The only blood that needs attention is when there is copious amounts, or frank hemoptysis of bright red blood. Small amounts of old blood, less than 10cc, is nothing to be alarmed about. Pneumonia rarely is associated with bloody sputum, if there is a concomitant upper airway insult, it is seen then.

Mike

19. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    i've learned so much from this thread that i never wanted to know.

20. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Just in casey ou dont get to the clinic thing, try any tea with lemon and honey added.