Debate: All women should be armed with tazers

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Toasted, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I think all women should be armed with tazers

make it the law, a requirement.

It would level the playing field for men in these "false rape claims".

It would also raise the bar significantly for a women to claim rape - they would have to explain why she couldn't use her tazer.

Consent would be a bit more clear-cut.

Think about it - like the kobe bryant case

like ALL ther other rape stories we hear from women who lie about being raped for whatever reason.

secondly. prevents rapes against women. some perv is alot less likely to "try it" if he knows the woman is packing volts!

2. No. Tazer's hurt.

Plus a lot of cases are false rape claims from teeneagers trying to get back at people and stuff. but they should know better what to do and not to do most of the time.

They are smart enough to know what to do.
  3. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
  4. Well, I suppose it might be good use at some times, but anything else on the plannet it could be abused.

Same thing with pepper spray, you annoy her BAM you can't see for 6 hours.
  5. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    true... + also think of the counter sueing of a man that has been "tazered"
  6. A tazer is not going to "level" the playing field.

When a women says NO, that is exactly what it means..... NO.

I am a jogger, 10 miles every morning. 5 years ago I was attacked on a levy about 2 miles from my home. I beat the living crap out of the man who tried to rape me and he did time in prison for it.

He had two prior rape convictions.

My point, women can fight back.

50% percent of true rapes go unreported because the victim feels ashamed.

You can't believe what you hear from TV, it's not the enitre picture!

Scattered thoughts from a shattered brain!

7. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Man thats crazy!!! Thats all I need is to have some woman with PMS and a tazer gun! :eek: Well one thing is for sure, you could alway tell when it would be that time of the month. You would see MANY,MANY people with tazer marks in the side of their necks!!!

Now don't get me wrong, I believe women need to protect themselves from all the weirdos in the world. But not all women are nice! I know a few that would zap you for the sake of doing it!
  8. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    agreed, it wouldn't be fun for the man
  9. BassAxe

Jul 22, 2002
    Culpeper, VA
    I'm opposed to the whole "leveling the playing field" mentality.

I'd rather see our judicial system overhauled. Too many people today regard jailtime as giving them some kind of status.

I'd like to see a return to public humiliation. Let's put people in the stocks as punishment.

As for rapists, I'm all in favor of surgical amputation of the offending limb, but only in those cases which leave little doubt as to the defendant's guilt.
  10. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    good for you treena. i SINCEARLY mean that. i am overflowing with admiration. :ninja:
  11. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    Anybody seen the commercial on TV about "Why Men Don't Ask For Directions??"

12. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Yes, because the epidemic of women claiming rape when they're actually wasn't one, is so far out of control, and much greater than the real epidemic of women who are raped and never report it.

13. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Very well said JB.

If I ever have a daughter, she's gonna be a black belt by the time she's 10.
  14. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    this has got to be one of the most idiotic things i have ever read on these boards.

that's like saying that since so many folks steal we should cut everyone's hands off.
  15. Well, we could if need be...;)
  16. BaroqueBass

Jul 8, 2000
    Salem, OR
    10 miles every morning??? You've probably run at least once around the planet by now.
  17. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Oh, really? Where do you get this information from?
  18. Rape and Murder. It's funny how people who commit these crimes get out a lot faster than drug offenders just to make room for more drug offenders. We need a big revamp.

Treena. Good for you!
  19. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    you go girl! :)

my little lady is armed with a .40 Glock - ain't no one messin' with her. she can shoot a pimple off a gnat's a$$!

if i got her a tazer, she would prolly use it on me thinking it was some kinky toy... :eek:

Quote:"Measuring false allegations is all the more difficult since policies on unfounded complaints differ between jurisdictions. A Washington Post investigation in Virginia and Maryland found that nearly one in four rape reports in 1990-91 was unfounded. When contacted by the newspaper, many "victims" admitted they lied. More shocking figures come from a study by now-retired Purdue University sociologist Eugene Kanin published in Archives of Sexual Behavior in 1994. After reviewing the police records of an Indiana town, Kanin found that of 109 reports of rape filed in 1978-87, 45 -- or 41 percent -- turned out to be false, as the women themselves admitted after the investigation.

Could real victims have recanted under pressure from sexist cops? The town's police used the controversial practice of lie detector tests, which have been attacked on scientific as well as political grounds (the test rarely misses liars but may have a high error rate with truthful subjects). But Kanin also analyzed police files from two state universities -- where lie detectors were not used and all victims were interviewed by a female police officer -- and came up with similar results. Moreover, when a specific man was accused, the details of the recantation always matched his story."