Debating multi-effect processors

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by VictorLeMonteWooten, Dec 9, 2000.

1. VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    There is 3 multi-effect processors i'm debating, i just need them for at home usage, they are:
    1. Korg AX1B
    2. DodBass30
    3. Zoom 506

what should i get?
  2. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Well, it looks like you're in the market for a cheap multi-effects... just a warning, that's exactly what you're going to get.

I have a BFX-708 and i GUESS it's ok, it seems to be the (slight) step up from the 506. Some of the effects are pretty cheesy and don't serve any real purpose, but it seemed like a good idea when I bought it. I'm selling it and getting a SansAmp Bass Driver.

I played on my friends Korg AX1B and it was pretty decent. If you're playing music that absolutely NEEDS effects go for it, and I would recommend the Zoom or the Korg, my friend hates his DOD, but it all depends on your taste.
  3. cole

Sep 14, 2000
    if effects are essential to the type of music you're playing, you should:

1. invest more money in a multifx processor than buying one the $100-$150 range you seem to be looking at. as it was pointed out above, the cheap ones sound, well, cheap. the reason they pack all those fx in there is they cut corners on each effect.

2. alternately, you could take your $150 and buy two or three separate stompboxes, starting with the effects that are absolutely necessary to your sound. this would give you a solid foundation to start on, and you could add and swap pedals to your liking in the future.
  4. VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    I'm going to get the stomp boxes after the cheapos (gradually)

I would like to get a SansAmp, a Dulop Wah, and a RAt in time.