1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

December 8th, 1943, 1980, and 2004

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MikeyFingers, Dec 8, 2006.

1. A lot happened on this day in history.
    First, in 1943, Mr. Jim Morrison was born. Destined to lead one of the best rock groups of the late 60's, The Doors.
    jim_morrison_001S.

37 years later, one of the most influential and inspiring musicians of his day was shot and killed in NYC, ending one hell of a musical career, Mr. John Lennon.
    johnlennon.

Most recently, the guitarist from my favorite metal band ever, Pantera, "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott was shot and killed on stage during a concert. This one hurts the most for me, having grown up with his music and seen him live twice. I clearly remember the day it happened, hearing it on the news (and the anchor lady's unsure, nervous voice as she said "Dimebag" on the air), and mourning the day with all my friends, cursing the fact that we don't live in Texas and couldn't attend the service.
    I miss him the most, RIP Dime.
    [​IMG]

2. december 4th 1959... A monkey returns to Earth safely, after being launched 55 miles high into outer space by the United States space program.

december 4th.. 1980... led zep announces their official breakup

december 4th... Frank Zappa dies

december 4th 1985... the birth of me :)