Decent Bass Combo!?HELP

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by darkenraja, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Okay, I posted a thread on here not too long ago about looking for a bass combo, and ended up starting a class in economics 101 :p , so, I'll try again. Ive ruled out the SWR WM 15, which apparently sucks anyway.

So, fire away with suggested, good, awesome and POWERFUL combos that fit int the 1500-2000$ AUSSIE DOLLAR price range.

Cheers guys!!!

3. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    Here is a list of some Manufacturers that make bass combos:

Acoustic Image
    Euphonic Audio
    Gallien Krueger
    Genz Benz
    Mark Bass
    Mesa Boogie
    Phil Jones

Some of these may work for you, and I know I've forgotten some. Try the search function if you need more info.
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Call Gard at BassCentral, or one of the guys at BassNW.

$2000AUD is equal to $1559USD. You can get a really nice, powerful combo shipped to you for that much or less.

5. If you have $1559 U.S. to spend, you might look into the new Aguilar combos. They have a 500-watt 2x12 combo that looks amazing. Not sure on the exact price, but give Gard a call.
  6. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    See if you can find an Ashdown ABM C110 300 combo I love mine.
  7. If he has 1500 U.S. he could get a WT550 head and XST cab. But shipping and duties?

The Eden stuff is great to buy from the U.S. for export because it is all configured for Universal voltages. I am not sure of the others.
  8. Okay, better rephrase that......1000-1500 AUD.........i dont want to spend an unnecicary amount of money. i was thinking something like an Eden cx1015 or whatever it laogn those lines.
  9. would it be safe in saying that if i chose to get an Eden combo, i would be doing myself a fair favour?
  10. What makes you think that?

You will be doing yourself a favor buying from a U.S. source if you can save heaps of money, regardless. You just have to figure that shipping and duties are going to be about 30% of the cost.

My second choice would be Genz Benz but I do not know if they have the universal tranny.

But to answer your question, the Eden CXC combos will eat the WM 15 for lunch. The WM doesn't suck.

I once owned the WM 12, which I bought NEW for $330 U.S. [atypical price] I occasionally play through a WM 15 as a house amp. They don't sound bad. But for the coin, you could do better. That is all I am saying.

But again, it's just advice.
  11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

Yes, Eden gear is great. Well built, quality equipment. Don't overlook the Ashdown recommendation if you want to save a few bucks though.

12. tubster

Feb 5, 2003
    Southwest Spain
    Genz Benz will do all the voltages with a fuse change. I recall that they actually refer to "international" players somewhere in their ads/documentation. I bought a GB NEO 400 here in the USA and I plan to take it with me when we leave for Spain in '06 - great amp
  13. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I still say ashdown I'm sure for that much cash you must be able to get either a MAG or an ABM combo. The 2x10 MAG combo's are great.

Hope this helps