Decent cab for $200-$300 range.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xofnahtan, Dec 4, 2005.

1. I have been looking for a new cab and was wondering if you guys could give me any suggestions. I only have about $200-$300 to spend on it and I need it to be atleast 250 wats because of my head. So I guess I'm asking what the best sounding,loudest cab is I could get for around $300.

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Don't remember the SS website, look it up. But make sure you get the SS stuff, not the cheaper LS stuff.
  3. That avatar website is a software company.
  4. I bought a Avatar neo 2x10 for my rehearsal space and feel its a good bang for the buck.
    After I purchased it I stumbled across the ear candy web site and will probally try one of their cabs to see how they sound.

I hope this helps ya.
  5. Thanks,

I wish I would have known about that site earlier, I could have got my head off of there for about $50 cheaper.
  6. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
  7. KOakley

Sep 26, 2002
    Hampton Va
  8. second hand peavey cab

i got my 215D-BW for £75, now a 2x15 at that price is pretty nice :smug:
  9. another +1 on the B212
  10. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    aguilar used. maybe gs112?
  11. Thanks alot guys! The B212 was what I was looking at when I got on the site. Is there anywhere I could play that cab before I buy it?
  12. Unfortunately you can't go to a store and try it first. It is sold direct only but they do have a trial period so you can return it if you don't want it.

I own the B212 deltaLF and I would say it is more than a decent cab. You definately get a lot for your money.
  13. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Exactly what came to my mind. Great little cab.
  14. BassNoob?

Sep 18, 2005
    Redding, CT
    I just got my Avatar Neo 2 X 12 cab. I love it to death.
  15. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    Get an Aguilar S series 210 or 410!
  16. Another vote for a used Aguilar GS112. Get on the websites for Bass Northwest, Bass Central, Groove Shop, Bass Emporium, etc. Get their phone numbers and give them a call tomorrow. You should be able to come up with a used GS112 in your price range, if not immediately then in pretty short order. It is a great speaker and there are plenty of them out there, it just takes some investigation and phone calls. When you can come up with another $250 or $300, buy another one.
  17. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

18. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Dr. Bass would be my recommendation.

19. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    A used Aggie 112 or new s210 (