Decent, Cheap effects pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rollo47, Mar 6, 2003.

1. rollo47

rollo47 Wraggotry in Motion

Nov 12, 2002
    Perth, Australia
    Just wondering if anyone knows a decent effects pedal that isn't going to be too expensive. Preferably one with a fair few different effects. So, if anyone has any ideas, reply please.
  2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

You get what you pay for!
  3. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    i'm a proponent of most things digitech, and the bp200 is a great pedal for the money. it's solidly built, has very useful effects (and some whacky ones), and has good sound (24 bit a/d/a converters) with little noise. if $150 is your price range, you can't do any better than this pedal; i encourage you to check out all of their products.

if you want a really cheap pedal, they have scaled-down versions for as little as $70. but i have no experience with those.
  4. Aristotle

May 12, 2002
    Easton, MD
    DOD pedals are all reasonably priced, though they only have 1 dedicated bass pedal, but thats not to say the other ones wont be to your liking. Flea uses their envelope filter thats made for a guitar, and loves it. So maybe try them, also Rocktron is making some pretty affordable pedals, like around the 50 dollar range. Those are supposed to be pretty good too.
  5. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'd try to get a 2nd hand Korg multieffect such as a Korg AX-1 B or AX-300 B.
    I think they're the best cheap multis around.
  6. A ZOOM 506II is inexpensive and has a ton of FX as well a tuner, amp simulator and bypass function. Add an expression pedal and blow your mind. Too bad it is plastic; some of the sounds aren't all that great (but sound/taste is subjective) but you can get a 506 with 8 built in effects for the price of 1 plain Jane pedal from another manufacturer. If you want inexpensive, you can't beat this for the money. Otherwise, I'd suggest rackmount gear or BOSS pedals.