*Decent* multieffects processer?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by drmoze, Dec 17, 2002.

1. drmoze

Dec 17, 2002
    NY, NY
    I'm looking for a decent (and inexpensive) multieffects processer (w/pedal, preferably). Just to get some different sounds (amps, effects). I'm a beginner and it's for informal jamming at home (thru a PA). Would the Digitech BP200 fit the bill, or can someone recommend another? Thx!
  2. The BP200 will do fine but also check out the Zoom 607, it's smaller, not as sturdy but it is a bit more flexible.
  3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I have the BP200, works great for my needs! Play around with one if you get the chance and see if it will work for you...
  4. Many skeptical folks seem to be warming up to that new red BOSS thing. Not that pricey for what you get...?
  5. drmoze

Dec 17, 2002
    NY, NY
    Red Boss thing? Is that the BFX708? Just saw the thread on the 708 & BP200. Any other comaprisons or options are most welcome. Thx!
  6. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    No, the Boss GT-6B. There have been a number of threads on it. However, it may be a little too pricey for a beginner. I'd recommend getting one of the models you already mentioned and figuring out what effects you like and dislike. Usually with some tweaking of the settings you can get some cool sounds out of those things.
  7. drmoze

Dec 17, 2002
    NY, NY
    Yup, that's my strategy. Get a feel for the types of effects and what I like, and later get better/individual pedals for the ones I really want. I'm a *total* beginner (been playing drums for quite some time), still awaiting for my Ibanez starter (GRS190/200) to arrive. And reading up on chords/scales so I can learn 'em and play 'em! Thanks for the advice.
  8. Decent MultiFX? Digitech BP8, say no more.

Great pedal, a little pricey, but you will not be dissapointed with the performance IMHO.

9. I had a zoom 506bass and i was pretty happy with it. I needed the money for my Ibanez though so i traded it in.
  10. RyKnoz

Dec 22, 2001
    The digitech bp200 is probably a good chose around $150. Check out the Zoom as well.
    If you could manage to spend more try out the POD Line 6.