Decent Pink Floyd Biography?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Winston TK, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Winston TK

Winston TK Hairpiece Adventurer

Oct 8, 2001
    Burnaby, BC Canada
    What are some good biography books on Pink Floyd that I should try and track down? I just recently saw "Live At Pompeii" recently and was quite blown away. I didn't expect to be that impressed, but I was. I figure I should definitely research this band more.
  2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    You should have a look for Inside Out by Nick Mason. It's a nice read with lots of inside information, cool pictures, etc. Definitely worth it!

3. a friend of mine let me borrow a dvd entilted "the making of dark side of the moon...awsome!! with a lot of tricks that went into the recording prosess and recent interviews with all members...I'm not sure where he got it,but I wish I had it now..and unfortunately I don't have any other info on this dvd.(label?). maybe a google search
  4. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    here you go

(whats wrong with the smileys btw?)
  5. Thank you Vorago..,very cool. :)
  6. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I read a Pink Floyd bio at the bookstore from cover to cover one day. It was good, a lot of interesting info, and NOT the one Vorago suggested. That's about all I can say about it, I forget the title.
  7. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV

I own this book (A Saucerful of Secrets)

I'm a big pink floyd fan. I found this book to be informative.

It gets bogged down at times, but overall a very good read if you're looking to learn more about the Floyd.