1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Decent Pink Floyd Biography?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Winston TK, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Winston TK

Winston TK Hairpiece Adventurer

Oct 8, 2001
    Burnaby, BC Canada
    What are some good biography books on Pink Floyd that I should try and track down? I just recently saw "Live At Pompeii" recently and was quite blown away. I didn't expect to be that impressed, but I was. I figure I should definitely research this band more.

2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    You should have a look for Inside Out by Nick Mason. It's a nice read with lots of inside information, cool pictures, etc. Definitely worth it!

0297843877.02.LZZZZZZZ.

3. a friend of mine let me borrow a dvd entilted "the making of dark side of the moon...awsome!! with a lot of tricks that went into the recording prosess and recent interviews with all members...I'm not sure where he got it,but I wish I had it now..and unfortunately I don't have any other info on this dvd.(label?). maybe a google search

4. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    here you go

(whats wrong with the smileys btw?)

5. Thank you Vorago..,very cool. :)

6. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I read a Pink Floyd bio at the bookstore from cover to cover one day. It was good, a lot of interesting info, and NOT the one Vorago suggested. That's about all I can say about it, I forget the title.

7. PolkaHero

PolkaHero

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    Check out this book!

8. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV

I own this book (A Saucerful of Secrets)

I'm a big pink floyd fan. I found this book to be informative.

It gets bogged down at times, but overall a very good read if you're looking to learn more about the Floyd.