1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Decent Rack Mount Effects???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jvtwin, Apr 17, 2001.

1. jvtwin

jvtwin What it needs is a little more cowbell

Jan 26, 2001
    LA Calif.
    I would like to know if anyone could suggest a good rack mountable effects box. Price is not a major issue so much as the performance of the effects. I would like something that could do a envelope filter, chorus, and bass syth. and ?

Any suggestions on what to look and listen too?
    Thanks

2. camerondye

camerondye

Nov 7, 2000
    Is this for live playing or stufio stuff? I heard the Line 6 is good for stufio, but I haven't heard a good thing about it yet for live stuff. I haven't heard of a good rackmount item that was any good and had all those effects, you will probably have to go separate items unfortunately
    cam

3. jvtwin

jvtwin What it needs is a little more cowbell

Jan 26, 2001
    LA Calif.
    This would be for live setups. And your probably right. Just thought I throw it out there and see what sticks. ;)

4. I have an Eventide GTR-4000 and it has all the effects that you require and it still retains all the clarity and low end of the bass but it costs around $2700 and you also need to get a MIDI Switching System.