1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Decent Rackmount Tuner?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by davidmurphy, Nov 9, 2006.

1. I'm looking to get a decent tuner & figure I may as well get a rackmount.

The Korg DTR 1000 is the easiest for me to get hold of online. The DTR 2000 is a little pricey & I doubt I need whatever extras it has.

Anything else worth considering or better value?

2. You don't seem to be too confident about the quality of the Behringer! :)

You "might" be "fine" with one of these.

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm not too confident about Behringer stuff myself.
    I've been using a Behringer head & cab for the last few months in the rehearsal room we go to. I'm not a fan.

3. That Fender rack tuner is supposed to be a good 'un.

4. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA

behringer isn't my favorite. actually, i'll just go ahead and say that i dislike them. but occasionally they make something that doesn't blow goats.

now, i haven't used this tuner, but i haven't heard any nightmare stories yet...

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'd wholeheartedly reccommend any Korg Rack Tuner.

Alas, tuner threads go in misc. ;)

6. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    +1

I love my old Korg DTR-2 and it hasn't ever let me down.

7. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    I've A/Bed the Korg DTR1000 and Behringer - it's a night and day difference. If you're on a budget the Behringer might be fine, but it has slower, less accurate reaction, and has problems with a B string. You get what you pay for, personally I wanted the Behringer but now I've said what the heck, you pay for it once.