Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Decent shot of Claypools effects setup`

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ImNotGeddyLee, Mar 24, 2003.

1. wildlupin got this decent shot of claypools effects setup and its pretty damn hefty. Two line6 units (not sure what ones... delay and filter maybe???), a boomerang, he korg multi-effect unit, moog pedals (i think), and a few other odds and ends...

oh and DEFINETLY check out the rest of the awesome photots at www.wildlupin.com SIMPLY AMAZING

2. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
  3. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    sorry here is the pic outlining where it is...

Alex

4. I once knew a bass player with THREE complete pedalboards in his set-up. He summed them all, stereo into his Line 6 DL4 and ran mono from that into his SVT. That is one cool feature of the Line 6 modelers, being able to do that.

5. Nails

Nails

Jun 4, 2000
    Austin, Tejas
    Looks like he's using a Roland PK-5 to control the Access Virus A. I can't tell what the Line 6 pedals are, the stage lighting is throwing off the colors to my eye.

6. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    delay, and filter... yuperoo.. ;)

Alex

7. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    if you look by his feet it looks like he has two whole other boards.

8. Claypool with a Rick? Oh my!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. I am not sure if that is the same ric or not (for some reason I remember it being white) but he did have one that was given to him by Alex Lifeson when Primus was on tour with Rush. I don't know how true the story was but apparently they were drunk on a tour bus or hotel room or something and Alex just gave it to him (hopefully it wasn't one of geddys).

10. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    actualy i think it is the one he has that is signed by geddy... mabey?..

Alex

11. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    yup... and I think they all do go into his line 6's... Like mad sub said...

Alex

12. I still am unsure of what i think about my Line6 FM4. I do like it....but I wouldn't want to gig w/o my real analog Mutron or my DOD FX25 for a deep, subharmonic bass tone. I think it a bit of an oversight on Line6's part for not including a model of the DOD in their box.

13. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    I agree with the above. Sure it's convienient, but I would never gig without the real because I don't think that stuff could give me those sounds.

14. yeah...the 'Tron sounds are actually quite good but you have to dig to get the sounds to where you need them. I prefer the "stomp box" ethic over a "menu-scolling", multi-effect one and this box ends up leaning towards the latter due to it's learning curve. Still, some great sounds to be had and I was a bit surprised that I even liked the box as much as I did. I think two really decent filters like a Mutron could get you all the same places and w/o the hassle.

15. his carl thompson 4 string (his primary bass) is the one signed by geddy lee.

16. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    ****, thats right sorry man... My bad...

ps. anyone get the new bass player??? THE JUGERNAUT IS HERE!!! YES!!!

17. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    yea i did see the new bass player. got to love the juggernaut.

yea i have always done stomp box's. ive never done multieffects...but i hear they arent fun.

18. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    and DIGITAL SUCKS... Yes, yes they do...

Alex