1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Decide what I'm going to buy

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Chris Ramlar, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Feb 8, 2006
    Mexico
    So... here is the deal, one friend is going to US so I'm gonna ask for a pedal I don't know which I just know I need one! the price range will be around 100 and 200 bucks and needs to be a pedal that you could find easily in a Guitar Center, my current setup is:
    Octavius Squeezer>OC "Chewbacca"2>Stereo Memory Man w H
    I'm looking of doing somekind of Muse/Wolfmother/Synthy(DnB)/Funky board so what do you guys think will get me more close of the board I'm trying to acomplish?

Gashaponcito

2. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    Moog MF-101 lowpass filter and expression pedal would help with the D&B side of things... And a tube OD / Big Muff / Supercollider for the Wolfmother side.

3. does guitar center carry moogerfoogers and now the supercollider? last i checked the SC had an actual wait list

4. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    Missed that bit! Supercolliders, no. Muffs & Moogers maybe... if they don't stock Moogers then GC isn't the only place to shop at.

5. Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Feb 8, 2006
    Mexico
    I know it isn't but I'm not the one who is shopping so I can't ask that much :crying:

6. i gotta say, i thought since NAFTA you'd be able to buy some US made pedals in Mexico without too much of a tax bump

i guess i was wrong

7. Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Feb 8, 2006
    Mexico
    Well there a lot of factors of why I always buy equipment in the US, for example here an EHX pedal its hard to find there are only 2 dealers of them in the country =S imagine now the PITS that is finding boutique pedals and since there so little dealers who carry them they can ask a lot for them, also the Dollar vs. Peso its a crucial factor lets see I buyed my OS for around 600USD when the exchange was about 10.15 pesos per dollar so I paid 6300 pesos now the exchange rate is like 15 pesos per dollar so now I would have to pay 9000 pesos almost 50% more :meh: I really envy all the people living in the US.