1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Decided on a rig!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by colindbgolf, Apr 1, 2013.

1. colindbgolf

colindbgolf Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2007
    Rochester NY
    I've been amp shopping this past week, and its been tough. Really, I had no idea what I wanted, but i am trying to keep it around 5-600 clams. I suppose technically I could spend more, but I found lots of options in this range. First I was looking at a used Ampeg portabass rig, an eden rig (the e300 and a 210) also a portaflex, also combined the eden and portabass w an older swr 410. But the combination that really speaks to me is a peavey headliner 600 (used for $219 and blew away a PF500) and an Avatar 410 neo 8ohm. Seemed to have enough volume and really liked the tonal options on the head. Hope I'm making the right decisions. Any thoughts?

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Only you can answer this, just remeber, wattage is usually not the answer. Big spkr cabs are.

3. Sounds like you made some good choices.

4. AngusHasMoxie

AngusHasMoxie Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Easthampton, MA
    Formerly endorsed by Carvin, Basson and Dimarzio
    You can never go wrong with trying out a bunch of stuff and going with your ear! let us know how the headliner sounds!

5. Indeed. Good choices on the amp and cab.