1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

decided on speakers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by eastcoasteddie, Sep 4, 2008.

1. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    for that SWR Goliath II I picked up, the one what is all done blowed up.
    Was debating on either the Eminence Delta 10 or the Legend BP 102.

I decided on the Legends because they seem to be a much meatier speaker with a real low range. (and BillFitzMaurice's saying that the Delta 10's are "marginal at best" pretty much swayed my decision).
    Yes, they have a low sensitivity, but I'm willing to try them out. I play 5-string with a 300w tube amp, and love to wale on it. I've read some reviews on the BP 102's and they were all really good. What they hey, I'll try it and report back.

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Hope it works for you.

3. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Neither. The BP102 has poor midrange response, the Delta 10 poor bass. Assuming the cab is compatable the Deltalite II 2510 is better than either of the other choices, all things considered.

4. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    the 2510's are a little out of my price range, though...

5. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Buy once, cry once. :crying:

6. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    that's pretty funny:D

But what I forgot to add was that I wanted to make this a 4 ohm cab, there seems to be very little on choice of 4 ohm or 16 ohm speakers on the market, mostly there's 8 ohm...for obvious reasons. Why 4 ohm? well you asked me that once before and I want to use it with my SVT 2 pro...4 or 2 ohm load combinations. All my cabs are 4 ohm.
    I'm just trying things out here, if I don't like the sound, I'll sell it and hopefully will be able to appease all my efforts.