Decided to sell all my gear and start over?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stanley Design, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Long story short, selling washburn taurus t-24 because I decided it had too much treble, and am thinking of moving to an ibanez neck through SR900 or something like that? The reason I like it, is I could cut the treble completely out. I like really warm tone and when I play this bass in the shop all the time where I hang out, I use a workingmans 12 (an old one) and really like the combination. What I'm worried about is the future. I don't know the reasons I like the amp technically, just that it's warm and smooth and full and super soft, but I was amazed how it was clear notes, and perfectly punchy if I slapped too. I couldn't hear my fingers moving on the strings and just overall had the tone I liked. What worries me is the power, I'm worried it's not loud going to be loud enough all the time. Where else could I find this tone and decent portability, but with a bit more power? Or option to add a second cab later maybe? I'm trying to stick with a 1x12. I had originally thought I was going with a GK head and neo 112, but rented it and didnt like the tone. What could people reccomend? I'm very very lost.