Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Decided to sell all my gear and start over?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stanley Design, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Long story short, selling washburn taurus t-24 because I decided it had too much treble, and am thinking of moving to an ibanez neck through SR900 or something like that? The reason I like it, is I could cut the treble completely out. I like really warm tone and when I play this bass in the shop all the time where I hang out, I use a workingmans 12 (an old one) and really like the combination. What I'm worried about is the future. I don't know the reasons I like the amp technically, just that it's warm and smooth and full and super soft, but I was amazed how it was clear notes, and perfectly punchy if I slapped too. I couldn't hear my fingers moving on the strings and just overall had the tone I liked. What worries me is the power, I'm worried it's not loud going to be loud enough all the time. Where else could I find this tone and decent portability, but with a bit more power? Or option to add a second cab later maybe? I'm trying to stick with a 1x12. I had originally thought I was going with a GK head and neo 112, but rented it and didnt like the tone. What could people reccomend? I'm very very lost.