1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Deciding on a bass upgrade

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SlapPopBass, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Hello all,

So the time has come where a little extra dough has been saved and the urge to get a new bass has come...budget: $700 give or take

Basses I've had my eye on are:

Cort Gb4 Custom
    Sterling Ray 34
    Mtd Kingston Saratoga
    Cort B4 Fretless

I've got a Squier Jazz and a Cort bass with a P/J setup. Funk-lover by heart, Jazz-enthusiast by nature. Influence wise, I'd say people like Louis Johnson and Jaco come into mind. Can't decide on any one of those basses, but regardless, its gonna be a good couple of years before I'm gonna spend some dough on bass again.

If it doesn't trouble you guys too much, your recommendation and opinion on this matter will be much appreciated. :)

Thanks,
    Edwin

2. Funk lover go with the Ray or look for a used s.u.b. better choice imo.

3. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

+1. Ray or Sub

4. beobass

beobass

Nov 26, 2005
    CT
    Ray34. You don't be sorry!

5. nicopiano

nicopiano Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Levis, Quebec, Canada
    Ray34, or why not the Ray35 for a little change?

6. Qlanq

Qlanq

Jul 9, 2007
    Swansea
    I picked up one of the Indonesian SUB 4's the other day. amazing quality for the price. The pre-amp is pretty hot (perfect for me ) so as above check out the Ray34 or the US SUB4. They won't disappoint.