1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

deciding on a board..

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by johans, Aug 26, 2007.

1. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    just want to hear some thoughts from fellow TB'ers .. i believe many has been in such crossroads when you have some pedals in-hand .. but will get some more, exchange the older ones etc ...

i want to order a nice custom pedalboard .. and how do you actually 'settle' with a measurement prior to ordering your board (given you don't have the final complete pedals yet..)

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    As someone who changes his mind A LOT, I find it best to use a "generic" board of good-enough quality to withstand steady use, but no limitations as to the arrangement of the pedals. That way the only limitation is the overall size of the board. Sometimes I wish for a larger board, but right now I am most pleased by having two smallish boards: one for everyday use, and one for extra-fancy/weird fx. There's no way I would ever settle on a specific set of measurements or layout.

3. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    If I had enough pedals to justify getting a board, it would probably be a PedalTrain.