Decision Time (again) - MIA Jazz vs. 60s Classic Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sebpayne, Dec 28, 2007.

1. I've discovered a new fantastic bass shop near me and they have been helping me in my newest upgrading decision. I'm now torn between a '60s Classic Jazz' or a American Jazz (Black w/ Maple neck). I LOVE maple necks on both guitars and basses and the American is a joy to play but the 60s has a nice varnished neck. Colour-wise, I've got a Squier in a similar colour and could do with a change.

The shop is going to part-ex my MIM Telecaster against either bass so it is going to come out at either £199 or £500 for me to pay which is a huge difference. At the moment, I'm in a growing band as well as noodling around in my spare time but want to move on from the Squier. My heart says the American because it looks good and play so well but my head says the 60s because it is also an awesome guitar but is so much cheaper.

What would your advice be? How useful is the S1 switching system in 'the real world'? I want to be sure I make the right decision and get a bass that will last me a decent amount of time!

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021