Decision time on new rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by NOLA Bass, Apr 23, 2005.

1. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    I have played through a bunch of amps and cabs recently. Here is my quandary.
    My first choice would be the EBS HD350 powering the new Bergantino HT210s and EX112S.
    I loved the HT322 and considered the Schroeder 210112, but the sound and portability (two cabs at 50#) are hard to beat. Here's where my problem is though. The cost of the EBS head and 2 Berg cabs is about $2500 which blows the budget. I can either go with the EBS head and save money with the Schroeder cab or I can get the two Bergie's and power it with a GK 1001RBII. Either way I can save about $500 on the whole setup. The problem is which route to go. GK and Bergie cabs or EBS head and Schroeder cab.
  2. Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    How about some more info about you and the music you play/gigs you have?

3. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    I play in a band doing 80's metal primarily. Also, some original projects on the side in more of a rock style. I primarily use Spector basses along with a P-Bass and Hamer 12 string.
  4. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    I'm playing 70's hard rock (Zep, Sabbath etc) in my band. I'm thinking of going with Bergantino cabinets (Either one of the big three) with a Sunn 300T or Thunderfunk 550.

I've heard the Bergie's have a vintage yet modern feel/sound.
    Although maybe you could pair them with a different amp? Even if you have to get a used amp.. You've picked two hi-fi/modern/bright amps.
  5. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    I'd go GK/Berg if it were me.
  6. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    GK/Bergs! Bergantino cabs will be an amazing platform for your style of music. I have hosted a jam for a long time and hear a variety of basses through my Bergie HT322. It sounds GREAT no matter what bass is thrown at it. I also have have the Mini-bergie stack HT/EX 112. I have found Bergantino speakers to be extremely versatile and outstanding. I also played through a GK1001RB II recent;y and was very impressed with it's power and tone. I like that head better than the EBS which I liked also. But I found the GK to be more versatile. Hope that helps. Gary