decisions decisions help please?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PUNXBASS, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Geddy Lee

37 vote(s)
  2. EB-3 elitist

2 vote(s)
  3. SUB 2

5 vote(s)

Apr 23, 2005
    hey yall,
    almost got the money for a new bass. pretty stoked but i cant decide on wich one. I cant go higher then like 730 tops here. I play a Fender P.J right now through an Ampeg B4r and Ampeg 410he.
    I play in a punk band at te moment, but also do a lot of rock n roll cover tunes, and im in an origianl rock n roll band. I just dont know wich one to go with. Leaning towards the Epiphone at te moment (Mike Watt is my inspiration on t bass)

Geddy Lee Jazz
    Music Man SUB X-02

Thanks yall,
  2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Those 3 basses sound completely different from each other. I think they're all about the same quality, so you should let your ears lead...

MM is going to have the trademark punchy defined mids. The EB-3 is going to have more in the lows but you may have a problem getting a serious 'cut' from it. And the Geddy tends to have some tight lows and upper mid Jazz tone.
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Id go with the Geddy, its one of the best fenders for the buck.
  4. geddy or sub, dosnt matter which one. geddy will probly be a bit more quality but i dont know sincei 've never spent alot of time with the SUB.
  5. i'd say go for the geddy lee...

the S.U.B. is pretty sweet too mind you, i played several of these in my search for a new bass (settled on an ESP). i absolutley love the fact that the back of the neck has a matte black finish, mmmmm....

Apr 23, 2005
    no minutemen fans or fans of the eb3 i assume? why not?
  7. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    The SUB is a great bass, I just prefer the geddy in this situation, just barely.
  8. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Well, the poll results say that the Geddy Lee crucifies the two other ones, and errr... that was not very difficult to guess, IMO.
  9. I can't really comment much on the epiphone or the SUB, but I think the Geddy Lee would be perfect for the style's of music that you play.
  10. sub. but i dont like jazz bass even though the geddy is a nice bass.

i'm going to say go for the sub.
  11. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    All three are totally differeny monsters in both tone and feel.

Geddy Lee: passive J/J, thin neck

SUB: MM bucker with EQ, fat neck

EB3: Gibson style buckers, pretty fat neck

For the music you're playing, I'd go for the SUB. Great bass, great build quality, consistent quality, great tone, a little bit more agressive than the Geddy.

Apr 23, 2005
    thanks for all the replys, keep them coming ive still got a few months haha
  13. rsrd

Jan 6, 2006
    Geddy Lee no doubt about it!