decisions decisions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by glydebass, Jan 13, 2004.

1. glydebass

Dec 3, 2003
    Atlanta Ga
    hey yall
    im on the look for a new relativly decent bass. Ive narrowed my initial search down to 3 possible models and was kinda wonderin what yall think i should do. If any of you own any of these please tell a little about them.
    1. Schecter Stilleto Elite 4 or 5 string
    2. Ibanez BTB400QM 4 string
    3. Warwick Rockbass Corvette Classic 5 string

if i go for the ibanez i will only get a 4 stringer because i hated the 5. But with the other two i would look into the possibility of either a 4 or 5. Any comments are welcome really.
    Thanks in advance.
  2. Wow. You have picked some really could basses to consider buying. I'm sure you'd be really happy with any of them, but I recommend the Schecter. I have an Elite 4 and it's great. I have one with the dark cherry finish and I love it. You should try looking for it used 'cause I got it used and saved about 200 bucks. I will tell you a little more about it:
    It has 2 volume knobs, one for each pickup, and 2 active equilizer knobs, one for bass, one for treble. These all come in really handy to dial in the kind of sound that you want for a particular song or venue.
    It has all gold hardware. Very pretty.
    All around I think it is a great bass and well worth the money.
  3. I think you should first determine if you want a 5-string or not. if you do want a 5-string there are fewer good 5-strings in that price range than there are 4-strings. mostly for the tension and quality of sound you get out of the Low B string.
  4. glydebass

Dec 3, 2003
    Atlanta Ga
    i definatly want the 5 if i get the warwick or the schecter but with the ibanez i would be stuck with the four because the 5 string of that was one of the worst 5's ive ever played.
  5. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    Got another vote for the Schecter. Every time I go into my local GC (shudder) I love playing the Schecter they have there!
  6. glydebass

Dec 3, 2003
    Atlanta Ga
    thanks for the responses and i agree that the schecter is a great bass. It the best feel out of all the basses. However the warwick and the ibanez gave me better sounds out the amp i own so...who knows. We shall see.
    Thanks yall.