1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

decisions, decisions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mwlaurenson, May 2, 2001.

1. mwlaurenson

mwlaurenson Guest

Feb 5, 2001
    scotland
    I am trying to decide which effects to buy. I am interested in the EH bassballs, a wah and a distortion pedal. But I am also wondering about cheap multi FX. I have tried a zoom bfx708 before. it wasnt too impressive but not that bad. There is also the zoom 506 which is only £50. I'm thinking I could maybe get this and one other pedal now and then buy more single pedals later. Is the 505 worth buying at this price.

Is the 708 just a 506 with an expression pedal or are the sounds better aswell? the 708 costs £90

2. JohnL

JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    If you would complete your profile, we could tell a little more about what fx might compliment the style and music you are into.;0 Overall though, if you are just looking at "cheap" fx, a multi-effects unit will be more versatile than just one single fx pedal, unless you just want one particular effect. I think Boss, DOD, Korg, and Zoom all make pretty inexpensive units. Good luck!