Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Decisions....Decisions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HAWKINS, Jun 29, 2005.

1. HAWKINS

HAWKINS

Nov 10, 2003
    South Carolina
    Been playing/trying two basses: Fender 62 Reissue and Music Man Stingray 4.....

I like the looks of the sting ray and I like the maple neck and the 3eq active electronics....the sound is growly, and has some more punch or attack than the fender.....the neck and strings feel good, but not as smooth as the fender.....

the sound of the fender is more mellow, kind of buttery? (is that accurate?)......and the neck seems more comfortable and easier to finger.....and it looks good, too.....the fender is lighter.....

both basses are white......dang, i'd love to have them both, but for now i gotta pick one to get first.....i know its my decision (i'm leaning fender), but thought i'd be interested to hear what people had to say....comments?

oh....and they are about identical in price...

2. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    JMO and I admit to being a Fender kinda guy, but I think the Jazz is the more versatile of the two basses.

3. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    Remember....we love Fender Jazz and i go to buy mine too soon,we love Fender Jazz..definetly...... :bassist:

4. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    +1... exactly my comment.

5. HAWKINS

HAWKINS

Nov 10, 2003
    South Carolina
    thanks......i'm leaning with y'all

however.....in my initial post, i failed to indicate that it was a precision bass (not jazz).....if that makes any difference

and to complicate matters, i played a highway 1 p-bass and THAT played pretty sweet.......

sigh.....i'm taking a break from playing the instruments for the weekend and let it soak in.........