decisions, decisions...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PDD1644, Jun 21, 2001.

1. i plan to buy a new bass soon the replace my old SHlTTY jackson 4. anyway, i have it narrowed down to the two finalists, and i just cant decide between the ibanez btb405qm, and the sr885.

if anyone that reads this has ever owned either of these basses, i'd really appreciate some feedback on your experiences with them. thanks.

also, price isnt an issue.
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well...From all the experience I've had, the BTB is a far superior instrument. It has a 35 inch scale, which really help the B strings tension and clarity. The neck/string spacing is wider, which makes for much easier slap, if your into that sort of thing. The BTB series is Ibanez' best, and I'd have to say, that given those two, go with the a search on the BTBs (use the search function we have here) and you'll come up with a wealth of info, 99% positive for the BTBs....
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I agree wholeheartedly with Brendan.

The BTB405 blows the SR885 out of the water.
  4. not a big ibanez fan myself(if i were you and price wasn't an issue i'd look around) but i'm not you, and i'd have to agree and say the btb405 is the better of the two if ibanez is what you want(don't mean to lean you away if thats what you like, but theres always other things out there)