1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

decisions, decisions

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by capnsandwich, Nov 27, 2006.

1. ok, i've narrowed my search down to 2 pickups, the bartolini CF5CBC or the emg 40dc. i'm looking for a nice low growling sound, kinda like a jimmy johnson or tom kennedy jazzy bass sound. just need some advice on which ones would be better to give me that sound.

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

You can read my take on the EMG under Dimento's Soadbar experiment in FAQ. Had lots of Barts but none of the CB's I don't think.

I was expecting more from the DC40. I'd take the L-j5 over it anyday. Assuming the Bart's passive, having a battery in the bass may or may not be a consideration for you.

EMG 40's come up on ebay regularly so you may try a used set of those and move them on at minimal if any loss if they don't work out.