1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Decisions, decisions....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lavmonga, Mar 17, 2009.

1. lavmonga

lavmonga

Jul 27, 2007
    New York, NY
    I've had a Hondo P bass and Aerodyne p/j body in the classifieds for a while now. I'm starting to think I may just fix one up and keep it. But I'm kind of wondering what I should do (in terms of fixing them up). I have a bunch of fretted basses and a fretless acoustic, so I'm torn between picking frets or no frets. Also torn between which one to keep. Figured I'd take a friendly poll. Anyway here are the options I'm thinking of:

Combination of one of these two bodies:
    IMG_2012. AerodyneII3.

And these necks:
    spb57flneck1. necksjb75cfl1noname.

Fretted Block neck is apparently not for sale right now.

Any thoughts?

2. lavmonga

lavmonga

Jul 27, 2007
    New York, NY
    22 views and no one has an opinion? This does not sound like TB.

3. bassistgook

bassistgook

Feb 5, 2009
    I'd go with the body that has the p/j pickup configuration and the neck with the block inlay. Hope this helps.

4. rarbass

rarbass

Jul 3, 2008
    Have to agree as well. I mean personally I'd go for either neck but I guess if I had to pick one, I'd pick the block inlays. And for my own preference, I'd always prefer more pickup availability, so yeah.

5. I just put a Fender Reggie Hamilton Jazz on layaway. It has the P/J pickup array, which I love. The only thing it doesn't have is the block inlay neck.

My vote, therefore, is the Aerodyne body and definitely the neck with the block inlays.