1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Decisions, decisions...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PartyFindsYOU, Oct 27, 2009.

1. I've been GASing pretty bad lately, but I don't know how to remedy it. I am looking to supplement my workhorse, a Traben Kore 5-string, but I can't seem to find the right companion. I know I'd like to keep at least five strings, but I wouldn't shy away from a comfy sixer. I like the thinner, slick necks; I can't get into a bass with a baseball bat-thick, bare-wood (I'm lookin' at you, Warwick) neck.

Tone wise, I would like to find something similar to my Kore. It has excellent low-end growl, but I find it deficient in treble punch and clarity at times. I'd like a bit more treble brightness without having to sacrifice that ever-so-satisfying low end. I've always owned active basses; should I continue that trend?

So, TalkBass community, what would you prescribe to get rid of this GAS? I'm really hesitant to spend any more than $1500-$1600, and I definitely don't want to spend two grand unless, for some reason, I feel compelled to sacrifice my Traben (which I will probably end up doing in the future just because of the sheer bulk of the thing). I am not looking for a budget bass, though. I don't want to end up $300-$500 just to be disappointed later.