Decisions on buying a Bassmod

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by billybaddog, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Bartolini

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Aguilar

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Kent Armstrong USA

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. billybaddog

billybaddog

Mar 31, 2017
    I'm ready to purchase a new bass (Bassmod) but I'm not sure which set of pickups I want. What are your thoughts opinions and experiences with Aguilar, Bartolini and/or USA Kent Armstrong?

Just about everyone goes Bartolini or I've heard ppl say "anything out of Bassmod is good". I guess I'm looking for comparisons and descriptions in sound and out put. I've never played Aguilar or K. Armstrong pickups. Thanks for your responses and help in advance!!

2. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    Every one of those brands makes different pickup models that sound different.

3. billybaddog

billybaddog

Mar 31, 2017
    Based on single coils maybe? Is there a strong distinction that cause ppl to go one way or another? Brighter, darker, output or build quality and so on......

4. BlueTalon

BlueTalon Happy Cynic Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Eastern Washington
    Endorsing Artist: Turnstyle Switch
    Why are you limiting your choices to those three?

5. billybaddog

billybaddog

Mar 31, 2017
    Well, it's not by choice... They are already inside of the Bassmods I was considering to purchase.. I cut my search down to 3 that I like and they have these pups in them.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  6. BlueTalon

BlueTalon Happy Cynic Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Eastern Washington
    Endorsing Artist: Turnstyle Switch
    Gotcha.

billybaddog likes this.
  7. billybaddog

billybaddog

Mar 31, 2017
    Heard a sound clip of some Aguilar pups and they were awesome in detail.. the name stands strong! So, the poll between Ag's Barts and the K. Armstrong pickups should be pretty interesting

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    BlueTalon likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 4, 2021