decisions on selling ?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BoognishMang, Jul 11, 2002.

1. I find it so easy to satify my GAS, but what's the best way to deal with selling a bass.
    Seems that i don't pick up my stingray much anymore. I've grown partial to jazz size necks. And having just aquired a cali p-special, it gives me a very similar sound to my stingray, and that's what i've been looking for.
    I've been debating locking it up and hope that it will be worth a butt-load of mulah in the future, keeping it for strickly home/studio work, or the dreaded sale of my precious babe. It was the first bass I purchased myself. At the time, I lived with it, ate with it (not as uh utensil sillys), did everything short of... well you guys get the idea. I guess I can say that it has helped me learn how to stretch better and strengthen my hands.
    So now... well... that's where I'm stuck little boys and girls.
    I guess it will come to me in a dream or a sign. Hopefull not a dollar sign.
  2. Well, the first bass of mine that I personally bought just went on Ebay!!!! OK, it was a Washburn XS-5 - not quite a Stingray in anyone's terms, but it was surplus to requirements (and it was making way for my 3rd Spector!) and just had to go!

Does this help????
  3. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    It is all a matter of personality. There are many here who would never sell a bass. I understand and appreciate that.

The guitar player I work with regularly stills owns every guitar he has ever bought. I'd guess 20 or so. The idea of selling one never even crosses his mind.

I, on the other hand, have owned somewhere in the neighborhood of 25 bass guitars in the 17 years I have been playing. All but the two I now use have been sold. IIRC, I have sold six or seven in the past couple of years. I buy and sell all the time.

Basses are tools as far as I am concerned. If I like the feel and sound, give me 45 minutes and the right tools, and I will like the way it plays. If not, someone else likely will.

I never get attached to any of them. I loose my effection for some quicker than others, but I have never ran accross one I couldn't part with. Some I have kept for years. Others lasted only a few weeks.

I like my Modulus and the Warwick I just bought as well as anything I have ever owned, but I am sure I'll get the itch for something else before too long and off they will go. I am sure I won't miss them a bit.

So, only you can decide.