1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Decisions! Schroeder or Accugroove!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ste_m3, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Ste_m3

Ste_m3

Mar 26, 2006
    Northwest UK
    I havnt posted on here in a fair while! So for that i apologise!

But ive come across a bit of an issue. Ive been using my GK1001RBII and my warwick neo cabs for quite some time, and they just dont "work" with the head. I love the recorded sound of the GK, and im constantly reminded it sounds fantastic FOH.

Recently ive just been using the 15" at practises, paying special attention to how i EQ things to cut but not overpower. and this has cut through. Leading me to believe i DONT need a huge cab to hear myself. (and ill have a good monitoring system live more often than not.)

So now ive found myself with a choice between the Shroeder 1210 (not light) or an Accugroove Tri12, both are coming in at about the same price and unfortunatly I will be able to try before i buy, but not to AB. And i cant be without an amp long!

I play in a 7 piece drum and bass band with 3 live synths and sampled sub synth (Gawp!) So i really need those mids to cut through. My bongo Delivers! I need cabs that can too!

Cheers for your help guys!

2. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    i would probably go schroeder

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Me too, but I've never tried Accugroove.

4. MrPrashant

MrPrashant

Dec 13, 2002
    Chicago
    Endorsing Artist: Orange Amplifiers
    Accugroove makes the nicest sound cab I've ever encountered.

BUT, I never tried a Schroeder--so I can't say that the pair wouldn't be a better one.

I got to try my Thunderfunk through an Epifani, Euphonic, Aggie, Trace, and Accu and it wasn't even close. All cabs are gorgeous, but if you are going for a clean tone that you can manipulate, I'd lean towards the Accu.

But if the Schroeder sounds closer to the Epi, EA, or Aggie, it will definitely cut. I guess it comes down to how much control you want over your tone.

But I don't think you can make a wrong decision in this case, judging by the two brands you have there.

I hope this helps!

5. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    The Schroeder will cut through better - If you could make the strech, the Whappo Jr. would give you the studio sound that you like and all the muscle to power your band as well. As for your post, I've played through the TRI 112 several times and it never blew me off the chair - the 1210 did.

6. Ste_m3

Ste_m3

Mar 26, 2006
    Northwest UK
    Thanks guys, so far youve told me pretty much what i expected (thats not to say its no use!!) The thing is, we're playing pretty big gigs, and so the actual tone of my cab is going to only be pleasing to me (sacrifices must be made!) as FOH will deal with everything else.

7. thombo

thombo Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Denver, CO
    the accugroove has a more neutral sound, while the schroeder adds a slight coloration... for my ears, i like the 1210R more.

8. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    I just though of something - the TRI 115 really blew me away at NAMM - its sounds like a TRI 112 that went to the gym - I don't know how much $$$ more it is though.

9. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Definitely. Don't think it would sound "better" (just different), but the mids coming out of my 1212L cut like a laser tooth buzzsaw with rabies.

10. Ste_m3

Ste_m3

Mar 26, 2006
    Northwest UK
    All things i want to hear!! :)

As far as the tri 115, Unfortunatly both of these are used and going for prices i cant refuse (Both about £400) so stretching for a new tri115 would cost me £805!

thanks for the thought though!

11. Ste_m3

Ste_m3

Mar 26, 2006
    Northwest UK
    Just to throw a spanner in the works ive just been offered an Aguilar GS212 for about £100 less... ugh!

12. Zildjian106

Zildjian106

Apr 8, 2007
    All 3 Schroeder's I have owned and played had problems with the angled portion of the cab. I owned a 1210R, 1210L, and I played a 410L that made a vibration/distortion sound coming from the angled portion of the cab.

I will not buy a Schroeder again. Jorg however, is a top notch guy.

13. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Huh. never had a problem with my 1212.

If you want a cab that you can hear clearly on stage no matter where you're standing, the Schroeder will do it. If you want a fairly uncolored and neutral sounding cab, go for the AG.

14. Hey Ste!

You got a CD for me yet? :hyper:

15. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    ive owned accugroove aswell as schroeder

if u need the mids go schroe

16. CElton

CElton I'm a new note finder...

Were you pumping extra mids through those? I find when I bump the mids up, mine distorts, but mids is one thing Schroeders don't need. I love my 1210R.

17. Zildjian106

Zildjian106

Apr 8, 2007

Nope.

I am pretty sure it was a construction issue not a driver issue. :ninja:

18. I play a Whappo Jr. and It's the best sound cab I've played or owned.....

19. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    i deal with 2 synths on occassion, and they seem to eat up all the frequencies around them, so i need all the midrange push i can get. schroeders by a long shot. also, despite its small size, its one mother loud cab. no brainer.

20. +1... especially compared to the Tri112.