Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Decisions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Deluxe3dition, Mar 28, 2005.

Which sound do u prefer?

Poll closed Apr 4, 2005.
  1. Fender American Deluxe Jazz [4-string]

87 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. Fender Geddy Lee

66 vote(s)
    28.1%
  3. Warwick Corvette [4-string]

82 vote(s)
    34.9%
  1. Deluxe3dition

Deluxe3dition

Mar 27, 2005
    Which sound do u prefer? which style of music would u use the basses in?

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Sound? Warwick Corvette. Something about the tone, its yummy.

3. warwick dude...absolutely.

edit: i'd use it for anything.

4. spidersbass

spidersbass

Nov 29, 2004
    Downtown L.A.
    hell yea man. the warwick just sounds bad ass!!! i'd use it for everything.

5. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    Go fourth and play a Warwick young man!

Attached Files:

6. Although i love the look of Jazz basses they just have too thin of a sound compared to a meaty Warwick.

7. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    The new American Deluxe (18 volt) is one heck of a nice bass, I'd wait 6 mounths for them to throw those electronics into a Mexican. The you can get the jazz (American) on Ebay for about 600$!!!!

8. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I haven't heard a Warwick, but of the other two, the Geddy Lee takes the cake. Gotta love that growl. By the looks of the poll however, it seems I'm gonna have to try out a Warwick at my nearest L&M.

Graeme

9. I LOVE my Fender American Deluxe Jazz. It's extremely versativle and has an awesome slap tone. I've never tried a Warwick, however, so I can't really comment on that.

10. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    I do like the Warwick's tone, but I can not deal with that ultra fat neck. Also, the models I've played tend to neck dive, and I don't like that much, either. I think the Geddy has all the tone for less money and is a pure joy to play.

IMHO!!

11. JazzerHF

JazzerHF

Dec 14, 2004
    Fender all the way!!! I'd go the deluxe route, but the Geddy Lee is much better if you are on a budget. Fender jazzes are just so versatile, and the tone!!! I'm not a fan of warwicks: they are heavy, the necks are too thick for me, and I think they sound dead. But that's just my opinion, clearly there are plenty of people who think otherwise.

12. Gotta go with the Geddy Lee. Geddy has one of the most amazing sounding tones I've ever heard, both live and studio. Plus I love the way that bass looks with the maple fretboard and the block inlays.

13. EBMatt

EBMatt

Nov 21, 2003
    Springfield, MA
    I have owned a Warwick Corvette Standard and 2 American deluxe jazz basses. I would say that I would definately go with the American Deluxe Jazz. The Jazz Bass, IMO, is more versitile. You can get that grungy Geddy Lee tone, great jazz tone, awesome slap tone, great rock tone, and a bunch of other sounds. The Warwick Standard Corvette I had was very limited and not as versitile. The Warwick Corvette Proline is way more versitile than the Standard, and sounds alot better.

14. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Funny, I'd say you can't get the GL grunge/growl with the USA J Dlx, but you CAN get that sound AND all those other sounds with the GL. I think the pickups are placed diff and that makes a big diff. As I recall, anyway. Regardless, I've played the USA J Dlx and really liked it a lot, but just didn't blow me a way with that mega-classic J tone like the GL does.

Bottom line is, play both, buy one.

...IMHO...

15. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    I dont know much about standard corvettes but i played a jazz man that was pretty killer and had lots of tone. But ya neck dive a tad and thick neck. The geddy is also a whicked bass. Either way your set.

16. ColdYinTiger

ColdYinTiger

Jul 15, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    While I like the Geddy Lee model a lot, warwicks have a thicker low-mids, and mids. I would use it for any music really.

17. frobie

frobie

Jan 7, 2005
    I've got a Fender American Jazz Deluxe 2004 model. I absolutely love it. I've played a handful of warwick's and I liked them, but the Fender calls me back. It could very well be becuase I don't play a warwick everyday for an hour. Who knows. The thick neck throws me off and I feel like the fender neck is faster. I dunno