Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Decisions?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mark Wilson, May 23, 2005.

1. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Even though i believe there are a MILLION threads like this, i need advice.

Geddy Lee Bass

Or

Fender Highway 1 Jazz Bass

Pros and Con's of each? I've played both, and love both. I just need some others peoples opinions. This will only be my 2nd bass, and i plan on buying both, just I don't know which one first... Help please!

2. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    wich one did you like best, aesthetics wise.
    Also remember that a P or a J bass can be totally modded so even if in a few months or years you fnd out something you dont like on any of them u can change it.

I would go with the geddy cos i like the color combo against the "cheap" highway colors.

3. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    They are close in build quality but the GL has a higher quality finish. It makes the GL just feel like a better quality bass.

I prefer the GL.

4. That's my thread above. I can tell you that I ordered the GL last night. If you read the reviews at MF and M123 you'll see the GL and Hwy rate about the same. But here at TB the GL is the overwhelming favorite. If you trust the advice you get here (and you should) order the GL.

5. I'd go GL just to match your screen name

6. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

+1. Seriously. You'll like either one, but the Geddy Lee looks great, and seems to be one of the best deals around at its price point.

Gotta love those black block inlays. :D