1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Decisions...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by trumpeter, Mar 29, 2006.

1. trumpeter

trumpeter

Jan 23, 2006
    Amherst, MA
    Alright, heres what I need from you very intellegent people. I am in the market for a new bass. Four banger is what I want. Price range would be around 850USD max. Please come up with some good reccomendations on basses, and can you tell me why I would want bass x that you suggested, give me some info on tones, feel, etc...

I appreciate it.

2. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    You didn't say what you would be doing with the bass, so a good middle of the road choice would be a MIM (Made in Mexico) Fender Jazz Bass. It will a fine job for you in most styles and an OK job for some of the others. In any case after a while you'll better understand your needs and the MIM Jazz might just be what you need, if not, you haven't blown all you bucks.

And on that note, you should get a decent amp for practice and gigs. Try to find a single unit (speaker and amp in one cabinet) with about 150 200 watts of power. If there is a 'line out' or 'DI' out jack that would be good too, for plugging into PA systems.

Good luck. I play trumpet too.

3. If that were my price range I would look for a used Lakland Darryl Jones. Or I would wait until June for one of the new MTD Zephyr, but that would be about $975.

4. trumpeter

trumpeter

Jan 23, 2006
    Amherst, MA

My amp is pretty good

Stylewise I play a lot of stuff, from jazz to rock to punk to metal...So yah.

5. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    Try a MIM Fender P Bass deluxe, I love that bass :)