1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Deep Ambient synth jams what to use?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by phatphillss, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Just seeing what others use for pedals in there deep ambient parts of there songs. Ive mostly resorted to my wah pedal and my boss oc3 and a bit of flange. Any good pedals for this application to get lost but not kill any moods while playing. One noters help just keeping that rote note going, but last night I got very lost in a lot of our improve synthy parts and became uncrative I thought maybe im missing somthing in my playing or on my board.

Just talk about it.

2. Tremolo + Chorus has given me good results.

Chorus + Delay + Reverb can also get pretty ambient.

You can emulate the chorus pretty well by turning the res all the way down on your flanger.

3. rcubed

rcubed

May 8, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I'd think the Subdecay Prometheus would work great for that application. You would just have to dial it in right.

4. XXL

XXL calm seas dont make skilled sailors Supporting Member

Jun 14, 2007
    I use my Stereo Memory Man W/ Haz for ambient sounds. It has alot to offer in that department.

5. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Prometheus and Echobox are always good, maybe a verb pedal like the verbzilla for the Octo setting or Digitech one for the gated verb.

Ebow and delay pedal is a good choice, even a Boss DD-3 for it's drone loopage

Lots of options, a good analog like delay is a good choice for knob twisting and creating space.

6. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06 Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    I use my RE-20 space echo for good ol tape delay goodness. I also throw in some sort of modulation (chorus/flanger/phaser) or even sometimes to go to another planet I use all 3 modulators, space echo, wah-wah pedal and light Q-TRON quackiness!

7. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

A foot controlled tremolo is my weapon of choice for this kind of tone. I tend to set a heavy rate with a sin wave. The foot pedal then allows anything between a slow wobbling to fast pulsing strikes, depending on how the song goes.

8. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    Very cool!

9. mitchjonbass

mitchjonbass

Dec 20, 2008
    Hudson,WI
    have any of you ever used an AKAI Deep Impact synth pedal?

10. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

The Deep Impact sounds a bit obnoxious for ambient stuff. Preset #9 can be useful but that's about it. It is however a killer for drum'n'bass.

11. Chicken Salad.