Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DEEP Envelope?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TheEmptyCell, Jul 31, 2005.

1. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    I've been using a Digitech Bass Synth for almost 2 years now, and while it's a great synth unit, I find the envelope is a little bleh compared to the tones I really want, which is the biggest problem: it is the only setting I use on this pedal (Envelope with and without octave down).

I've searched a bit and have read plenty about filters, but I need an outright answer kinda of quick, and I'm sure I can get it outta you TB'ers. I want the kind of depth of wah'ness that is offered by an autowah, but with the dynamic reaction of an envelope filter. I want a nice opening and closing of the filter depending on my attack.

It's gotta be able to keep up with runs from my low B, all the way up to the 24th fret of my high C. Under $200. What are your suggestions?

2. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    EMMA DiscumBOBulator. I think it may be exactly what you are looking for. Good luck.

3. May want to check out the Pigtronix too.

4. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
  5. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    i have a bunch of sweet pedals for sale..

including an emma discombobulator

check out the FS section

6. TheEmptyCell

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks for the suggestions. I know BP magazine gave the EMMA good words, but do you know where I can find sound samples? I know it'll be hard to find them for bass. I'll hit classifieds too, thanks!

7. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I may be misunderstanding what you are looking for, but I think the EBS Bass IQ might do the trick. It goes pretty "deep".

8. +1

I bought mine because it was deeper than any others I could find.

9. TheEmptyCell

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks guys, I'l try and find some soundclips of the EMMA and Bass IQ.

10. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    I'm voting for the IQ as well.

Some dangerous lows to be had on that thing...