Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Deep Impact settings??? what are your favorites

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by KB, Mar 13, 2003.

1. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I just got my Akai Deep Impact and it is really cool, but it is going to take a while to customize the sounds. I am curious as to what customization/sounds you have come up with on the Akai?

Post the settings numbers and parameter settings for you faves.
    Thanks,

-KB

2. I looooove that pedal, now let's see what I can remember (it's currently in a bag along with the rest of my pedals at the other end of the house, after rehersal yesterday)

My favorite patches on it are 2, 7 and 9. To be honest, I really like them as the factory settings, I haven't really found cause to change them.

The only one I have really changed is number nine, I've speeded up the attack, brought down the resonance, brought the balance over to the effected sound, and increased the level of it.

(I can't give any numbers as I don't have it with me right now)

I guess understanding each of the parameters more would help.

3. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    for the factory settings I like 1,3,4 and 6.
    I modified 3 to take out more of the original bass signal (changed balance to 8). 3 is very filter like and funky.
    I use 1 as my Dr. Dre sound and 6 is a good octave sound.

...Still looking for other "patches"/settings on other users favorite settings.

-KB

4. I'm kinda afraid 6 is gonna hurt my speaker if I use it on the low notes.....

I'm gonna have a good go with 3 next time I'm all plugged in, I'll see what I can come up wiht.

5. 6 is a good octaver yeah :D just turn the cutoff / resonance way down and you've got the best octaver there is :)

6. Ooooooooooh I'm gonna try that right now

:cool:

EDIT: just tried it.... whoa! That's ace!:bassist:

7. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    I tried it recently and thought it was so good I've stopped using my Octabass.

Alex

8. Would that be one octave down or two?

9. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    'Just' the one. An octave down from low E is 20Hz, from low B it's 15Hz. Do you really need to go any lower?!

Alex

10. Yeah, I suppose. It's nice to know though.

11. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    any updates?