Deep Impact settings

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mark Bass, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Mark Bass

Mark Bass

Aug 20, 2005
    I recently acquired an Akai SB-1 Deep Impact Pedal and am trying to learn how to use it. On electric bass, I play mostly R&B, Funk, Gospel, Hip-Hop and pop. If anyone has knows some good settings for this type of stuff, I'd really appreciate your feedback. Specifically, I want to find the sounds from "Aint Nobody" by Chaka Khan, "Lets Groove" (EWF), "Holiday" and "Get into the groove" by Madonna and "Bad Mama Jamma" by Carl Carlton. I wanted to break out this great pedal for an upcoming gig with a club date band. I would really appreciate any feedback. Thanks, Mark B.
  2. Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    I've wanted one of those pedals for a while, but they don't make them anymore and they are too expensive on eBay.

Sorry, I don't have any suggested settings but good luck with it.
  3. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
  4. Newget

Mar 10, 2006
    I have been using the deep impact for about 2 years now, I think I bought the last one from zzounds! I use the presets, I haven't really modified any of them save for the balance on some of the more edgier ones. For laying down the solid funk you can't go wrong with #6. I use #3 for Boogie on Reggae Woman(S.Wonder) it nails the sound pretty good, add an octave pedal to it and it sounds even better. For Prince(Little Red Corvette) I use #8, but I think I modified this bank a little. I can't totally remember, its been awhile but tweakling the right sounds are pretty easy, just gotta mess around. You won't be dissappointed with the deep impact once you figure some settings, and the tracking is amazing.
  5. Ok, these settings relate to my sound samples in the sticky thread. Enjoy!

Note off = 9
    Note on = 1
    Balanced and Level settings are kinda arbitrary, so I've omitted them.

PATCH NO.	1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	9
    ATTACK		1	1	1	1	9	1	1	1	1
    DECAY		9	1	9	1	9	9	9	1	1
    ENV DEPTH	3	9	9	1	7	5	9	1	1
    DYNAMICS	1	9	9	1	1	9	9	1	1
    CUTOFF		8	5	5	5	9	7	3	9	3
    RESONANCE	4	3	1	1	1	1	4	1	9
  6. Damn you!! :D I want one!!
  7. Man, I would LOVE one of those if I could get the "Ain't Nobody" sound out of it (and of course, locate and afford to pay for the pedal!).

Now why don't they just reissue those, make 'em in China, and get on with it?
  8. +1

Also...If you did want one, there is one in the classifieds here on TB I believe. Its $450 I think
  9. rollo47

rollo47 Wraggotry in Motion

Nov 12, 2002
    Perth, Australia
    My primary use for it is when my band plays Chameleon. Great synth sound for it.