Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Deep Impact & SX Fretless 5 string Jazz

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by mrpackerguy, Aug 28, 2004.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I have an Akai Deep Impact + power supply that I picked up at the local Music Go Round. It just isn't for me and I can't find a place for it in our classic rock band. Mint condition and works great. The octaver tracks unbelievably and I thought of keeping it just for that, but my Digitech Bass Synth Wah tracks just as good. Asking $260 + shipping for the Deep Impact.

Also have an "SX" fretless 5'er jazz copy. I bought it to dink around with, and now I know I need to stick with a 4 banger. I modded the pickguard to black. It's sunburst and of the vintage series which basically means the wood has that smoky appearance. The thing receives surprisingly high reviews on Harmony Central. It's in mint shape, gigged with on a couple songs. It's been professionally set up with some Fender flatwounds. Go to Rond.com for more info. It's the SBJ-62 5-string jazz copy. $115 + shipping. I can email you more pictures of it if you like.

Will take Paypal on both.

Ideally, I'd like to trade on a nice 4 string fretless even if I pay some cash, but not lots more cash.

2. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Bump

Good looking trade in the works on the Deep Impact

3. angrydad

angrydad

Jul 31, 2004
    annville,pa.
    How heavy is that bass? I've played a handful of Brice (SX) 5's and they were quite "boat anchory" ( I think Pee Wee Herman coined that phrase). :)

4. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    With all that Alder & everything, it goes close to 10# on the scale test. But then again, I'm used to playing a Music Man Sabre as my main bass and that thing must be closer to 11#. Here's more on it from Rondo music. It's a bit more pretty in person. The pics don't really do it justice.

http://www.rondomusic.bigstep.com/item.jhtml;$sessionid$V03D4SYAAAVK5TZENUEUTIWPERWRJPX0?UCIDs=850849%7C1145365&PRID=1459055

5. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I've worked a trade for the Deep Impact.

The SX Jazz copy is still available.

6. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    SX is now $100 + shipping. Nice starter bass.

7. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Will include planet wave new $20 strap for an extra $10