1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Deep Impact value

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jondog, Feb 29, 2004.

1. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
  2. Bidding looks bogus to me and the deal may not make. I'd suggest that the winning bidder verify the other bidder is legit.

3. marc40a

marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    I wouldn't doubt it if the "winner" was part of the shilling.

It appears his 1 feedback is from a t shirt sale over 6 months ago.

Looks fishy.

4. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    I sold mine on eBay about 2 months ago. Even though I only paid $140 for it (new), to my surprise it went for over $280. Maybe because they are getting more scarce.

It really is the best Bass Synth pedal out there (I just don't need it). I have no idea why Akia discontinued it.

5. Akai is one of the strangest companies, they discontinue the coolest stuff and keep some really doggy stuff available for years. I've sold their stuff several different times and even had a friend that worked for them for several years and some of their decisions are just mind boggling. When I sold HiFi stuff they won a Grand Prix award and got stellar reviews for a reciever, AAR-42, with a lot of forward thinking features which they discontinued right before the publicity hit.