1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Deep Sea Fish Rule!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by labgnat, Dec 28, 2006.

1. labgnat

labgnat Banned

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    Today i saw a repeat of Blue PLanet: Seas of Life "The Deep" on animal planet.
    You get to see the incredibly strange and wild life that live at the bottom of the ocean. some way freaky scary stuff down there. Anyone seen this show? if not, heres a link to pictures of a lot of the fish they had on the show. the pics aren't as cool as seeing the video tho, all these fish with ability to flash themselves blue. it's the coolest thing ever on tv.
    i want an aquarium with deep sea angler fish in it, too bad that'll never happen:crying:

http://www.imagequest3d.com/cgi-bin/ImageFolio4/imageFolio.cgi?search=zxc001&img=128&cat=&bool=and

2. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    You'd need a pressure tank.

3. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    Yeah I'm pretty fascinated by the bottom of the ocean, many hours of casual research spent on that kind of thing.

I'm such a dork that I was excited when that giant squid was caught on film a week or so ago. :D Also I was sad she died. :(

4. El-Bob

El-Bob

Oct 22, 2006
    Hamilton, ON
    i added that site to my favorites :D

5. Yeah I like a lot of the nature documentaries. The deep sea ones are always interesting ... there are certainly some weird creatures down there, and apparantly we've only explored something like 2% of it, so who knows what else will show up down there!!

I also like watching shark docco's, the Great White "breach docco" (the one that proves they leap right outta the water) is a favourite of mine to watch.

One day I hope to do some shark cage diving with the great whites off South Australia, that will be an awesome experience to live and remember.

6. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    coolest fishies ever.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    They looks like creatures out of video games.

7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I'm still desparate to see a goblin shark caught on film. Those things are so rare and even more ugly.

8. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Did you eat it? if not, I'll take it...I love squid!

9. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    My son and I love watching that program.

10. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I love all that kinda thing. Sea life docs are always good to watch, though I do prefer programs about dinosaurs and sub-Saharan-African Wildlife and culture.

11. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    I really doubt it would taste good. Them big sumbitches are probably all gamey.

It was caught by a Japanese research team either way. ;)

12. britrit

britrit

Jan 22, 2006
    London
    Can you give me a link to that video, providing it's on the internet?

13. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut

It's not as "giant" as some of giant squid as it's still a baby. They've found dead giant squid that are much larger:
    desk_430.

14. David Attenborough is a legend. Repeats of several of his shows have been the only thing worth watching for quite a while for me. :)

15. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I hear you there, he is the absolute boy!

16. tr68gt

tr68gt Acme Corporation Beta Tester

Aug 2, 2006
    Naples, Florida
    Have any of you ever gone scuba diving? I'm certified but I haven't gone in a couple years. I'll have to say, it is one awesome experience. Just watching the fish and other creatures in their natural habitat is really cool, especially stingrays (the fish ones).

17. Yeah, that doesn't surprise me. They were most likely researching why sea mammals die once harpooned and they missed and hit a squid instead. :D